So, you want to own a medical marijuana dispensary in Ohio? Get the facts on how to do it, rules to follow, resources to help you, and the policies you need to have in place as a business owner. The potential for profit in this industry is enormous, but only if you do it right. Attorney Nick Weiss guides budding entrepreneurs through the weeds of Ohio’s cannabis laws in this installment of Mind Your Cannabusiness, brought to you by the Gertsburg Law Firm.
Listen now to learn:
- How to open a dispensary and what to expect
- Rules and regulations, especially related to marketing, hiring and employment
- Support and resources for dispensary owners
- Best practices for your business
- Funding your dispensary
- Consequences of non-compliance or for violating regulations
- What dispensaries can sell and what they can’t
Stream the conversation on the audio player here or download the talk to listen off-line.
Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Ohio Administrative Code section 3796 – codes.ohio.gov/orc/3796
- Ohio Cannabis Chamber of Commerce – ohioccc.org
- Cleveland School of Cannabis – csceducation.com
- Wright-Patt Credit Union – wpcu.coop
- Acreage Holdings – acreageholdings.com
- CoverMySix – covermysix.com
Explore previous installments of the Mind Your Cannabusiness series, including episodes focused on Ohio Employers, Ancillary Businesses, and new Hemp rules at www.gertsburglaw.com/media/mind-your-cannabusiness/.
Nicholas Weiss uses his years of experience in civil litigation, and his in-house advisory experience, to assist both businesses and individuals in pursuing and defending their interests, and obtaining the best possible outcomes for his clients. He is currently an Instructor of Medical Marijuana Law and Policy at Cleveland School of Cannabis, and can be reached at The Gertsburg Law Firm by calling 440-528-1233 or sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gertsburg Law Firm produces these Legal Talks to give insight into legal issues for non-lawyers and to share our experience with the community. The contents of this interview are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.
An audit of your policies can help you avoid the pain of lawsuits. The Gertsburg Law Firm now offers CoverMySix, a one-stop legal audit for your business, led by award-winning litigators and in-house counsel. CM6 minimizes your exposure to lawsuits, investigations, disgruntled employees and customers, and all the damage that comes with them. Learn more about how to protect your business from lawsuits at covermysix.com.