“Mind Your Cannabusiness with Nick Weiss” is a series of legal talks, each focusing on a different sector of the expanding cannabis industry in Ohio, including medical marijuana, hemp, and CBD.
Visit each episode page individually for show notes and links, or listen to the whole series on the player below.
Part 1 – Guide for Ohio Employers
What Ohio Employers need to know about running their business in light of Ohio’s legalization of medical marijuana. Topics covered include crafting a drug policy, employer rights, and the pros and cons of a zero tolerance policy.
Part 2 – Guide for Ancillary Businesses
The opportunities and risks for anyone doing business directly with a medical marijuana business. Entrepreneurs from a range of industries can benefit from the burgeoning market, including packaging, transportation, security, HR, and other services, and will want to listen to get informed.
Part 3 – Ohio’s Hemp Laws
Find out what’s happening with hemp legislation and why this is an exciting time to be involved, whether you’re a grower, a producer, or anyone that uses hemp material. Nick shares important information for entrepreneurs about getting involved, protecting your business, and where to find support.
Part 4 – Guide for Dispensary Owners
The facts on how to start a medical marijuana dispensary in Ohio, rules to follow, resources to help you, and the policies you need to have in place as a business owner. The potential for profit in this industry is enormous, but only if you do it right.
Part 5 – Guide for Cultivators
Prospective growers have to be aware of many rules by the Department of Commerce and other regulatory bodies. Get an overview of what cannabis cultivators in Ohio need to know to play the game, as well as consequences for breaking the rules and how to stay out of trouble.
Future installments of this series will be focused on what you should know if you are a cultivator or processor. Want us to feature an area of the industry in a future episode? Have questions you want answered? Send a message to email@example.com.
Be sure you are following the Gertsburg Law Firm by subscribing to the blog or following us on social media to be notified when new episodes are available.
Nicholas Weiss uses his years of experience in civil litigation, and his in-house advisory experience, to assist both businesses and individuals in pursuing and defending their interests, and obtaining the best possible outcomes for his clients. He is currently an Instructor of Medical Marijuana Law and Policy at Cleveland School of Cannabis, and can be reached at The Gertsburg Law Firm by calling 440-528-1233 or sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gertsburg Law Firm produces these Legal Talks to give insight into legal issues for non-lawyers and to share our experience with the community. The contents of this interview are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem.
For further reading:
- “8 Things Businesses Need to Know about Ohio’s Medical Marijuana Rollout” (COSE Council of Smaller Enterprises, May 2018): Nick Weiss discusses what the medical marijuana rollout impact will be for companies in Northeast Ohio, with eight takeaways businesses need to keep in mind about the legalization of medical marijuana in Ohio.
- 10-min Legal Talk with Nick Weiss on Medical Marijuana: Nick sits down with Alex Gertsburg for a quick overview on the impact of the Medical Marijuana roll-out on Ohio businesses, including employee drug policy and rules for doing business with new providers.
- The following articles by Nick on the Gertsburg Law Firm blog:
- Nick’s series titled “Doing Business in the Age of Marijuana”, including Risks and Rewards (Part I), and Starting from the Ground Up (Part II).
- The Pros and Cons of Drug Testing
- Rolling Out the Ohio Marijuana Program – When and How the Industry Will Take Shape
- Ohio Department of Agriculture Releases Draft Hemp Rules