Professional Representation from Chagrin Falls and Cleveland Real Estate Attorneys
Guiding buyers and sellers throughout Ohio
You may be purchasing a home so your children are in better schools, because you need to relocate for your career, or because you want to invest in new property. Your company may be buying real property for new offices, new industrial plant space, or because the company is expanding. Residents and businesses may sell to downsize, to move, or because the expenses are too high. Whatever the reasons for the real estate transaction, if the Ohio laws are not met, if proper inspections are not made, and if zoning issues are not addressed, then the buyer or seller can suffer large financial losses.
At Gertsburg Law, we are dedicated to helping real estate buyers, sellers, landlords, and tenants navigate the complexities of Ohio real estate laws and anticipate the practical problems and risks in purchasing or selling property or entering into a long-term lease. Our Chagrin Falls and Cleveland real estate lawyers appreciate that for most residents, a home purchase will be the largest financial transaction of their lives. Our attorneys have served as lead counsel on four-figure deals, eight-figure deals, and everything in between. Our bottom line goal is to address all the documentation, negotiation and contractual issues so that investments are maximized and liability is minimized.
The types of real estate transactions we handle
Our Cleveland real estate attorneys have the experience, financial acumen, and practical skills to represent clients in all types of property issues. We have successfully guided clients through the following dealings:
- Residential purcahses. Buying or selling a home should mean a new start on life, not a financial burden. Our lawyers advise clients to have a lawyer review the agreement of sale, the mortgage loans, and any other documents before they sign on the dotted line. We help homebuyers understand the loan process, what down payments are required, and who bears the risks if sales don’t go through. We prepare the proper paperwork and address any legal issues before settlement so homebuyers can walk away with the keys and sellers can leave with the right-sized check.
- Commercial real estate purchases. Commercial purchases and sales include many risks and legal issues that do not apply to residential transactions or are much larger in scale. We advise clients on environmental requirements, commercial lending laws, due diligence, land acquisition concerns, tax issues, municipal laws, and other commercial requirements. Our lawyers represent retailers, builders, apartment owners, industrial owners, real estate investment trusts, and a broad range of small and large businesses.
- Landlord-tenant leases. For many individuals and companies, a lease or a lease with an option to purchase is the more practical choice than buying. Our attorneys help landlords and tenants understand and draft leases that address rent payments, default definitions, renewals, assignments, sub-leases, and the full range of residential and commercial leasing legal issues.
Our extensive experiences in a wide range of real estate matters has given us the skill and knowledge you need to guide you or your company through any transaction.
Counseling clients on all stages of real estate transactions
Our Cleveland real estate lawyers guide buyers, purchasers, lessors, and lessees though each stage of the purchase and sale or the lease negotiation. We are known for our competence and skill in handling the following real estate matters:
- Agreements of sale. We review the bid, the terms of the contract, the requirements for our client, and advise on the possible pitfalls, such as what happens if the buyer cannot obtain a mortgage or the seller cannot give clear title.
- Inspections. Buyers and lessees should make detailed inspections of the subject properties they are buying, including professional inspections of structural, electrical, plumbing and environmental issues. We explain what local and state laws must be met to ensure the property is in good and habitable condition.
- Settlement and title issues. We work with title companies to address every issue on the title report so that the buyer gets clear title and the seller does not buy a lawsuit.
- Zoning. Our Chagrin Falls real estate attorneys advise and protect clients on the full range of residential and commercial zoning issues, including easements, variances, conditional use approvals, and other zoning matters.
We represent real estate clients in many other aspects of a purchase and sale, such as obtaining the correct permits and property tax issues.
Gertsburg Law has also helped clients successfully litigate sales and leasing contests involving property rights, eminent domain, failure to disclose, fraud, construction and building defects, zoning, and contract issues. We try cases before arbitrators, judges, and juries, and are fierce negotiators in ADR and settlement agreements.
Speak with a professional Chagrin Falls and Cleveland real estate lawyer today
At Gertsburg Law, our lawyers understand how emotional a purchase or sale can be for families and individuals. We care that many businesses are concerned about the financial security of their workers and the economic stability of their companies. We help companies grow and help consumers move forward by doing the detail work, explaining all applicable real estate terms, and by being a strong advocate. Please call our Chagrin Falls, Ohio office at 440-571-7777 or complete our contact form to schedule an appointment before you sign any real estate contracts.