Let our work speak for itself!
The Gertsburg Law Firm is proud to have experience with both in-house counsel and large firm complex litigation, with a proven track record of success in all aspects of corporate law.
Visit our Testimonials Page to hear directly from our clients about their experience with Gertsburg Law Firm.
- Led and managed multiple buy-side and sell-side merger and acquisition transactions for Broadvox, Inc. totaling over $100 million
- Obtained trial verdict in favor of client in Sonis v. Rasner, recovering stolen funds from predatory immigration consultant, and then affirmed judgment on appeal
- Obtained dismissal of $125 million federal patent infringement lawsuit in New York in Rates Technology, Inc. v. Broadvox, Inc., a case filed by a company identified as America’s second-largest patent troll
- Obtained favorable resolution for Broadvox, Inc. in litigation with another patent troll in federal lawsuit in Dallas, Texas
- Overturned denial of significant variance request for auto dealership in dispute with local zoning authorities in Florida municipality
- Lead counsel in five simultaneous transactions by local commercial real estate developer
- Resolved highly-contentious shareholder dispute on behalf of corporate client accused of fraud by minority shareholder
- Obtained favorable resolution on behalf of brokerage firm in dispute over commissions with its client
- Represented insurance agency in sale to national banking affiliate
- Lead counsel in purchase of commercial real estate repurposed as a community recreational facility
- Obtained favorable resolution of copyright infringement dispute for local business accused of improperly using images of third party on website
- Obtained judgment in favor of client in federal court in Atlanta, Georgia in Abovenet v. Cypress Communications, in which client was accused of breaching a commercial telecommunications agreement
- Litigated and secured favorable resolutions of class action in Zaccharias v. Cypress Communications, relating to accusations of violation of telecom billing regulations Chicago, IL
Recovered significant portion of funds owed to client from commercial tenant in breach of lease agreement dispute in southern Ohio
- Obtained complete recovery of stolen funds for client from insurance company that had insured real estate title agent who had absconded with client’s earnest money in real estate purchase transaction
- Won summary judgment for client seller of automobile accused of defrauding buyer. Knight v. Horace Mann Insurance Co. (Cuyahoga County)
- Litigated and secured favorable jury verdict for client in QSP v. Gibson, in which executive was accused of violating a non-competition and confidentiality agreement (Cuyahoga County)
- Implemented, as part of a team of attorneys, a legal compliance audit for several motor vehicle dealers helping those clients improve their legal risk management
- Successfully represented a motor vehicle dealership in an Ohio Attorney General investigation
- Represented, as part of a team of attorneys, a software company in breach of contract cases against the client’s customers resulting in successful settlements.
- Obtained a settlement in litigation involving a breach of an anti-piracy agreement against the client’s former customer.
- Negotiated debt settlement agreements and forbearance agreements for multiple clients
Represented an elderly widow against a RV dealer that defrauded her making the client whole
- Successfully defended, as part of a team of attorneys, client in non-compete litigation and obtained settlement of countersuit in client’s favor
- Litigated and secured favorable judgment in bench trial against seller for breach of warranties (Avon Lake Mun. Ct.)
- Obtained settlement and favorable resolution of homeowners’ dispute with negligent general contractor
- Obtained a $174,000 judgment in favor of a software company in a lawsuit against a non-paying business customer, plus $73,000 in attorneys’ fees
- Advised a corporation traded on the NYSE Amex in a $21 million public offering of primary and secondary shares
- Advised a publicly-traded entity in a shell company reverse merger and related SEC filings
- Advised a NYSE-traded company in changing the share sourcing for its stock plans from open-market purchases to newly-issued shares
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a privately-held company in a securities-related D&O coverage dispute
- Negotiated and closed the sale of a middle-market company in the technology, media and telecom sector to a large, privately held company based on the east coast